Welcome to the 6th Macau Symposium on Biomedical Sciences 2019
The Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Macau (UM) is excited to extend our warmest welcome to you to our annual event highlighted: 6th Macau Symposium on Biomedical Sciences 2019. This year, the symposium is going to be held on 12 and 13 June 2019 at University Hall (N1) and Multi-Function Hall (N2) of UM.
The field of biomedical research is an exciting and ever-expanding area to explore. Our annual Macau Symposium on Biomedical Sciences aims to continue to gather talented and inspired scholars and professionals to foster discussions, knowledge sharing and potential collaborations. This year, the theme of the symposium is INNOVATION, which includes but not limited to the following topics:
- Infectious Disease & Therapy
- Single Cell Biology
- Stem Cells from Benchtop & Clinic
- From Cell & Molecular Mechanism Studies to Translational Clinical Model for Chronic Diseases (Cancer, Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease)
- Cancer Research & Precision Medicine
- Emerging Technologies in Drug Discovery
- Genome Biology & Cancer Research
- Neuroscience, Aging & Degenerative Diseases
- Cutting Edge Science and Technology
Last year, we were grateful to have gathered over 400 participants and scholars from ten different regions. Particularly, we were very honoured to have Ada Yonath, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry 2009 presented at the symposium. In addition, another renowned scientist, Douglas Lowy, Chief of the Laboratory of Cellular Oncology of National Institutes of Health (USA) and the receiver of the 2017 Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award were our keynote speakers in 2018.
On behalf of the organizing committee, I would like to extend this invitation to all of you to join this exciting event. I sincerely look forward to seeing you at UM in June 2019.
Dean and Chair Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences
University of Macau